Miles Rutherford & Co made significant changes to the starting line-up that were defeated by Herne Bay midweek.

Mo Jammeh, Rob Hutchings and Josh Clack dropped to the bench and back to the starting XI came Kyle O’Brien, Joe Moore and top scorer Ethan Prichard.

Becks finished fourth last season and lost in the play-off semi-finals to Whitehawk who ended up getting promoted. The Greater London side defeated Chi 4-1 in that campaign only to lose 2-1 at Oaklands towards the end of a nine-game unbeaten streak for the Sussex team.

It’s been a very different season this time for Beckenham who came into the match on the back of only one win in their previous nine.

Dieko Falade found Funsho Sinai after an early-doors forward pass from Mundiaga Wanogho and the visitors won a corner which Rhys Wyborn delivered.

Wanogho headed this just wide before Connor Cody tidied up as Finlay Lovatt broke into the box moments later.

Cody then picked Conrad Honore, who had some lively moments all afternoon, and a neat piece of skill allowed him to play a ball to Isaac Bello.

Next, Lovatt fired one high over the woodwork before Joe Clarke couldn’t get enough power on his effort.

Cody tried a deep pass to Steve Hutchings up top and Lovatt had a shot smartly blocked.

A set-piece was awarded for a foul on Bello, although this got shepherded out for a Nick Blue goal-kick.

Beckenham countered but Sinai failed to get an attempt away when the cross from the left fizzed over.

Wyborn impeded Honore attempting to get the ball under control and Sinai swung a delivery over which no one could get to.

Kieran Magee the Chi No1 was out swiftly to claim on 16 before O’Brien hit a dead ball off target.

Prichard and Hutchings hooked up but missed the effort as did Prichard’s follow-up which went over the bar.

Sinai then had appeals for a pen turned down by ref Stephen Hawkes and a wild effort went begging at the midpoint.

Emmett Dunn played a poor cross; Prichard fouled a Becks opponent; and Falade was accused of simulation and booked in the 31st minute.

60 seconds later Hutchings got his angles all wrong when he met Prichard’s cross.

And Bello won a penalty for the hosts on 36 as he was impeded driving into the area.

Prichard stepped up and drilled the spot kick home to Blue’s left for his 12th goal of the season in all competitions.

There was an odd altercation or two with five minutes to go to the break. Donnell Anderson was booked; Clarke was clattered by Wanogho; Lovatt caught Curtis Da Costa; and Clarke was carded for swiping at Sinai.

And at the death Bello got in as the ball fortuitously bounced off a defender but the No7 was unable to tuck it away.

Alfie Bloomfield replaced Falade for the visitors at the interval and Prichard took the free-kick when Dunn was unfairly challenged which came to nothing.

Either Wanogho or Anderson conceded a corner that Prichard whipped over superbly and with the ball seemingly curling in Cody got a final touch to make sure and double the hosts’ lead seven minutes in.

A coming together and a blocked effort happened next before Lovatt hit a speculative shot over.

Wyborn was then cautioned for a foul on Dunn, but the resultant free-kick caused no problem for Beckenham.

Honore found Prichard, although his first touch let him down and the subsequent ball to Hutchings was equally disappointing.

Prichard’s follow-up cross was hooked out for a corner kick that the No11 took. He then cut inside and earned another only for the move to fizzle out.

Clarke needlessly saw red for a second yellow as he brought down Sinai.

So, Chi would play the last 25 minutes reduced to ten.

A Wyborn corner had too much on it before Rob Hutchings replaced Steve Hutchings as the hosts re-set.

Hutchings’ pass to Bello on 69 was superb and the midfielder smashed the ball in to make it 3-0.

Da Costa got a lovely block in and it looked like Becks had pulled one back some three minutes later but the header from Finley Roberts’ set-piece was offside.

Honore then picked out Hutchings. However, he dragged his attempt wide.

Becks overhit a free-kick; Magee made a rare save; Hutchings pulled another off target; and Prichard fired one into the side-netting.

Josh Clack, who was introduced for Bello on 83 combined with fellow sub Hutchings and his ball to Prichard got cut out.

Substitute Lewis Allen might have been more measured as we went into stoppage time and then MOM Prichard found the back of the net again with practically the last kick of the game as he drilled beyond Blue to his right to make it four.

Chi, with five wins in the previous eight league matches, remain in eighth place.

They have now completed a 4-0 and 2-0 double home and away against Beckenham this season to add to the spectacular 5-0 and 2-0 wins over Hythe Town, and 3-0 and injury time 2-1 defeats of Broadbridge Heath.

City next face stiff opposition at Oaklands Park when unbeaten Cray Valley PM visit on Tuesday 23rd January (Kick Off 7:45pm).

Chichester – Magee, Dunn, O’Brien, Moore, Da Costa, Cody, Bello, Clarke, Steve Hutchings, Honore, Prichard. Subs – (Hutchings, Munt, Davidson, Clack, Jammeh)