The hosts, who were top at the time, beat Chichester 1-0 at the beginning of October as Miles Rutherford’s men conceded a first league goal and defeat.

There were a few changes to the starting line-up with Joe Moore replacing the suspended Joe Clarke, Kyle O’Brien returning to the XI, Ryan Davidson out injured, possibly for the rest of the campaign, and Clack in for the absent Steve Hutchings at No9.

Chichester’s 3G pitch was given an official opening on Thursday with the local MP, the mayor, a Parliamentary Under-Secretary, the media and others in attendance. Short speeches were given before the cord was cut, with the Premier League trophy on display in the club house.

Three Bridges came into this match on the back of four straight losses and one win whereas Chi had won two and been defeated three times in their previous encounters, losing 3-0 at home mid-week as Cray Valley PM maintained a 100% record on the road in the Isthmian south east division.

Here, the Jubilee Field club started the brighter of the two sides and Noel Leighton crashed an effort into the side-netting in the third minute after Cody made a mistake.

Ghannam then won a throw which Curtis Da Costa headed away.

Ethan Prichard’s pass was too strong towards Clack when Da Costa was fouled.

Next, Cody impeded Jalloh but the resulting free-kick wasn’t any trouble.

Isaac Bello, at right back on this occasion, let the ball run out for a goal kick before Clack went close after Rob Hutchings, Prichard and Moore combined.

Then Cody stole the ball off Leighton before the home side spurned a decent chance.

Kevin Rivera had a shot blocked on 12 and Rob Hutchings fired an attempt over at the other end when Prichard seemingly got away with one.

A long ranger looped over Chi shot-stopper Kieran Magee who moments later made a finger-tips save.

Skipper Brannon O’Neill took a catalogue of corners.

The first was cleared by Mo Jammeh for one on the opposite side which was off the training ground and got deflected for a follow-up dead ball that was whipped in and smuggled out. Magee flapped at this but Jalloh couldn’t profit on the edge of the area.

Cody played a through ball to Clack who didn’t get it under and Hutchings was awarded a free-kick which was oddly retaken.

Then Magee caught Jalloh in the box and referee Gerry Heron awarded a penalty which Jalloh converted with ease for the opener on 28.

The visitors sought to respond as Moore found Bello whose cross/shot was too wild.

A Three Bridges set-piece was hooked away and then Jammeh and O’Brien linked up only for the effort to be pulled off target.

Next, Jalloh headed over after Leighton’s pass, and O’Neill struck a corner straight through.

Cody sent in a super cross but no one was running in on goal.

Bello, Chi’s best player on the day to be honest, did well to deny Jalloh with five minutes to go until half time.

Emmett Dunn hit a lovely pass to an overlapping Bello who struck ok but Chi couldn’t really snap out of their lethargy and Cody had to snuff out the danger posed by Rivera and Leighton in time added on.

Jimmy Wild was introduced for Prichard at the interval and almost got in after barely sixty seconds.

Magee then grabbed the ball at the second time of asking and denied Leighton, who netted the winner at the MKM Arena back in October, on 51 minutes.

Jalloh had a go and O’Neill blasted another effort over,

Bello was well-in on Jalloh and the subsequent long throw was headed clear by Wild as O’Neill struck an attempt.

Jalloh scored his and his team’s second ten minutes in after Moore might have got the ball away.

Bello, Jammeh and Clack exchanged passes almost immediately, and Conrad Honore replaced Moore on the hour.

Good work from O’Brien teed up Wild for a shot which he dragged wide before Hutchings fired a free-kick straight into the wall.

Chichester won a penalty and Clack sent Leo Anderson the wrong way to redress the arears.

But with no one marking him Ghannam put the hosts two goals ahead again within a minute or so.

Clack then had an opportunity and Hutchings won a corner off a deflection as the game livened up.

Olly Munt came on for Jammeh on 77; Cody found Clack for a shot; and Leighton’s effort was blocked.

As we went into the last 10 of normal time chances came and went for both sides.

However, Cody set up a dramatic stoppage time ending heading home O’Brien’s cross in the 89th minute.

The Chi captain also got on Clack’s set-piece but a late away draw wasn’t to be, as happened last season.

Magee was on hand to prevent Leighton from finding the back of the net; Dunn hooked clear, but Jalloh was offside anyway.

And then O’Brien crossed again and a defender rather than Dunn appeared to head over but Mr Heron strangely awarded a goal kick.

So, Three Bridges move into the play-off spots and Chi, who have either conceded or scored three goals or more in the last eight games, remain in eighth place. They welcome Merstham to Oaklands Park on Tuesday 30th January 2024 (Kick Off 7:45pm).

Chichester – Magee, Bello, O’Brien, Moore, Da Costa, Cody, Hutchings, Dunn, Clack, Jammeh, Prichard. Subs – (Wild, Honore, Munt).