It was Wild’s seventh strike in six games.

Miles Rutherford & Co brought in Totton’s Giulio Girelli between the sticks as a replacement for Kieran Magee who sustained a concussion in the 3-0 win away at Merstham mid-week,

Wild pulled an effort wide in the first move of the match after barely 60 seconds.

Jay Beckford then played the ball in for Dan Perry as Burgess Hill pressed but he similarly fired off-target and Joe Moore conceded a corner.

Wild then linked up with Mo Jammeh and Connor Cody went on a run.

Next, Isaac Bello and Rob Hutchings combined and the ball was turned out for a corner at the other end.

This got cut out and Wild hooked up with Josh Clack only to concede a foul.

Hutchings and Beckford clashed for a goal kick and Kieron Rowe’s challenge on Clarke led to a free-kick.

Then Curtis Da Costa cleared Reggie Ward’s cross, as was Perry’s subsequent one.

Jammeh, Clack and Bello combined only for things to get tidied up before it got a bit scrappy.

Noah Hoffman spurned a decent chance on 14 for the visitors before Joe Moore was bundled over and Clack picked up a yellow card.

Next, Hutchings probed down the left and the Hill keeper Elliot Dailly kept the ball out which a minute later almost fell to Clack.

Moore was the well-in on Hoffman and referee Callum McFarlane awarded an odd set-piece to the away side which Martyn Box took only for a teammate to be flagged offside.

Clarke couldn’t keep Clack’s pass down; Beckford and Ward tried to get things going; and Box won a corner but a fellow player fouled an opponent.

Neither Hoffman or Perry could take advantage around 26 minutes before Dunn opened the scoring two minutes later from close range after good work from Clarke.

Clack found Wild five minutes later and after a decent first touch the striker had a go.

Reece Hallard joined Clack in the book before first Hutchings and then Moore made good crosses.

The home side spurned another chance on 38 after a lovely touch from Clack before Wild bagged his third goal of the week and doubled the lead.

Burgess Hill broke again in the 41st minute but to no avail; Da Costa cleared ahead of Perry; and Hoffman hit one off target.

Jammeh had a shot off-target in the first attack of the second half.

Hutchings then tracked back and tidied up before Hoffman fired way over.

Da Costa, in fine form, headed away after Ward and Hoffman combined before Clarke made it 3-0 on 52 following a slick move involving Clack and Jammeh against his former team.

Marcus Allen made a clearance of sorts under the presence of Wild and Girelli was out smartly to claim Hoffman’s forward pass.

Perry headed Ward’s cross just over on the hour mark and then a bit of skill from Wild set Jammeh up for an opportunity.

Moore struck his corner kick a bit too firmly and Perry tugged Jammeh’s shirt before a Clack set-piece was wasted.

Cody spurned a lovely chance at the back post on 66 and Bello was marginally deemed offside.

A poor cross and a poor shot came and went for the visitors around the 72nd minute just before Lloyd Rowlatt replaced Jammeh.

Rowlatt was soon involved and almost picked Wild before the visitors made a couple of changes.

Wild took the free-kick when Dunn was impeded but hit it over.

The away side went close but the wrong side of the left-hand stick; Wild was cautioned for a strange one on 89 minutes and cut inside and shot in time added on.

So, Chichester remain in the play-off spots.

They are away at Horndean next Saturday 16th March (Kick Off 3pm).

Chichester – Girelli, Bello, Hutchings, Moore, Da Costa, Cody, Clack, Clarke, Wild, Jammeh, Bello. Subs – (O’Brien, Munt, Prichard, Rowlatt, Haitham).